Skincare Products I Have Fallen in Love With


Skin care is something that has been important to me, but has also been kicked to the back burner for awhile now because Im just so tired in the evenings. Being in the throws of motherhood with toddlers and pregnancies and up all night feedings can be exhausting and leave little desire for any self care. BUT hang in there mama because Im here to tell you that it does get better and you will slowly find your groove again and a desire for some self care.  Now that we are done having babies I have made a promise to myself to start taking better care of myself, skin included. Somehow it seems easier knowing I wont be putting my body through one of the hardest things its ever done again IE: growing another human and then supplying it with food at all hours of the day and night.  So Im going to share some of my favorite products that I have noticed the biggest difference with my skin since using.


I had always wanted a Clarisonic, but never wanted to spend the money. I finally purchased one last year on Prime Day and I dont know why I waited so long.  It has been 100% worth every penny. Sometimes I get lazy and go a few days without using it and I can instantly tell a difference in my skin. 



mine is an older version that I dont think they make any longer but it is one speed just like this one

 
My next holy grail item is a microfiber face cloth. I use these ones that are from a company called Lates by Kate. (Side note: if you dont follow Kate on Instagram then you are really missing out because she is hilarious!) These cloths contain some kind of magic voodoo in them and you only use water and gently rub it on your face and it removes all of you eye makeup like nothing I have ever seen.  You know how normally if you use a "regular" wash cloth and you try to only use water you just have black eyes that look like you haven't slept in 48 hours and got in a fight with a rabid raccoon.... well these cloths wont do you that way. Give them a try and I promise they will instantly become your new favorite too. Sometimes these can be sold out for awhile so if you dont want to wait I found these similar ones, but hers are worth the wait if you're willing! 


I think these are also a newer version than what I have. Fun fact: I traveled with one of these cloths during our move to Japan and I was so dumb I only packed one. I should have packed them all, but thankfully you can get a few uses out of each one before you need to wash it.



* scroll down for links 


When we moved to Japan I noticed an instant decline in my skins appearance. Lets be honest, my skin looked like *insert a big ole poop emoji here* it was in full freak out mode.  We went from a cold winter climate to a humid summer climate over night, my hormones were all over the place due to my cycle coming back from being postpartum, and I was eating terribly because we were traveling..... there may have been some stress sprinkled in that mix too, but who's keeping score?! Then we got here and started spending everyday in the sun which meant sunscreen and sweat was my new makeup.  It was not a pretty sight. I also know that the sun is not very kind to your skin so I knew I needed something that would help restore moisture and nutrients to my face. 

I had seen a lot of different influencers talk about Tula skincare and I had been doing my own research on it, but the price always steered me away. Since we had just been through a stressful move and my skin was looking so bad I decided to treat myself to it and I bought one of their kits. This way I could try several different products for a good price. All of the products came in travel sizes, but it's really surprising how much product they can fit in those tiny containers and tubes.  I was able to use it for a decent amount of time and some of them I am still using. 



Anti-Aging Discovery Kit

The first thing I instantly fell in love with from the kit is the facial cleanser. I really like to use it on my Clarisonic to clean my face at night.  It’s a foaming cleanser that doesn’t make your face feel like you just got a botched botox job. It leaves your skin feeling super clean and refreshed without feeling tight or dried out.  It has a light and clean scent, but isn't overpowering at all. 


My next favorite and one of the reasons I decided to take the leap and try Tula is the hydrating day and night cream.  I was in need of a new moisturizer and really wanted to try this one, but was a little turned off by the price tag so the kit was a perfect way to try it without a big commitment.  It only took two uses and I knew I would be ordering the full size of this product. This moisturizer is thick and creamy. It absorbs into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy. The next morning when I wake up my face feels soft and glowy and who doesn’t want to wake up feeling soft and glowy!? 

The next two things I like and am still using (a little goes a long way) are the wrinkle serum and the eye renewal serum.  I dont see myself buying the full sizes of these at the moment since they are a bit of a splurge item, but I do like them both!  The wrinkle serum is slightly watery and has a weird smell.  I apply it to my forehead and around my mouth.  The eye serum is thicker and I apply it all around my eyes and on my lids. Both are very nice and I assume the full size bottles would last you a very long time so I guess the price wouldn't be so bad if that were the case. 

The final thing that came in my kit is a skin rejuvenating treatment pad. These are like a little glove that you can insert two fingers in. One side is white and the other side is blue. You wipe one side on your face and then flip it and do circular motions with the other side all around your face and then rinse it off.  These left my face feeling clean and smooth.  While I also enjoy these I dont have any plans to buy more right now, but maybe in the future I will.  They are a fun treat and a box of them would probably last awhile.  

-- Links for Tula products: (apparently I have bought so much they gave me a code to share) 

 Click here for 20% off a $30.00 purchase for new customers 


I have one more Tula product I am loving that didn't come in the kit, but I have already ordered an extra because I never want to be without it! It's called the Glow and Get It Eye Balm Stick.  It comes in a tube and you twist it up like chapstick.  This stuff is pure magic! I have some serious dark circles caused by a sweet little one year old boy who refuses to sleep through the night and this stick helps hide them better than anything I have tried and believe me I have tried a lot.  You can wear this over makeup or by itself.  It provides a subtle highlight and gives a cooling effect that makes you feel awake even if you aren't yet.  Its my new holy grail! 
Glow & Get It Cooling & Brightening Eye Balm

The final item I have been using and loving is castor oil.  It sounds crazy, but I have been applying it on my eyelashes and eyebrows every night before bed.  I wish I would have taken before pictures because I swear I am starting to see a difference.  I bought this inexpensive one on amazon and it comes with the little wands to apply it with.  It's a super simple step in my skincare routine that I feel like is making a difference.  



Pure Castor Oil, 2 oz. Best 100% USDA Organic Cold Pressed Moisturizer For Hair, Face, Skin and Nail Growth - Guaranteed




So there you have it! My favorite skin care products as of lately.  I also ordered two more Tula products (I may have a slight addiction) and I will update you all on how I like them once they come in and I have used them awhile.  I have also been playing with the idea of filming a skin care routine video. If thats something you would be interested in let me know in the comments. I would also love to know if you have tried any of these products or what your favorite skin care items you cant live without are.  

Thanks for being here ðŸ’•

-Ashley 

* All of these opinions are my own and I was not sent any of these products. I just really do love them and wanted to share it with you! ♡


Pin for later 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY entryway key holder

Im gonna take my blog to the internet...