DIY entryway key holder

So when we move into a house one of the first things our family needs is a place to set keys, sunglasses, and (if you're my husband) a place to hang your lanyard for work...because if said lanyard isn't hung by said keys then the husband forgets it and has to call his wife to bring it to him and that's always a fun time. You feel me? Let me back track a little. We just recently moved to Okinawa Japan which is typhoon alley. Yes, we went from tornado alley straight to typhoon alley. Most of the walls in our home on base are concrete and because of this it makes hanging some things a challenge.

After racking my brain I ended up using an Ikea spice rack -see what I did there- and turned it upside down so that it created a shelf with the wooden bar on the bottom. Then I ordered some S hooks on Amazon to hang on the wooden bar so that we could hook our keys on it. Now, the tricky part was attaching the actual spice rack to the concrete wall. I decided to use small command strips to hang it. I figured if I just used four or five it would have to stick... well when I went to press it against the wall I realized that because it was wood not all of the surface area of the strips was sticking to the wall. It was like it was slightly warped a little. I yanked it and some paint (oops) off of the wall and decided to double up each command strip so that they would hopefully fit flush against the wall and it worked!! I don't know how long it's going to stay because everyone here says that things only stay on the wall with command strips for a few months before they fall down since it's so humid, but it has been up just about three months now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays for a long time. 

                                             
Everything is better with a succulent 

Our entry way is pretty small so I didn't want a table
because I was worried it would feel to congested
in that area

Next thing is taking down the vertical blinds and hanging curtains...stay tuned for that




Thanks for being here 💕

Ashley

Comments

  1. that's like that type in oklahoma, someone left their wallet at home and got on the freaking plane with out it...he's tsa precheck so they just did his finger prints or something ::facepalm::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Thank goodness for TSA precheck! I cant tell you how many times in Oklahoma I would have to load the kids up and take him his lanyard. So far since hanging this it hasnt happened!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Im gonna take my blog to the internet...

Skincare Products I Have Fallen in Love With